Everyone wants to keep his home protected and secure from any risk. To ensure better safety, homeowners apply safety equipment in their homes; in that case, Brinks home security is a suitable choice. They offer security products and services and many subscription plans for the customers for greater security purposes.
If you are one of them who has purchased or subscribed for a Brinks home security plan that seems unnecessary and searching for ways to cancel the plan, you’ve come to the right place.
Don’t panic at all because this article will give you a complete guide on how to cancel Brinks’s home security plans. So, let’s get started.
How do I cancel my Brinks Home Security Service?
You can cancel your Brinks home security service in just a few minutes. Just follow the steps below.
- Browse Brinkshome.com on your computer.
- Then, you’ll find a bar named “Customer Support” click there, and you’ll get two options. Live Chat & Help Center. You can click on the ‘Live Chat‘ option to talk with the customer service representative or call Brinks @ (800) 447-9239. The customer service is open 7 days a week (8 am to 8 pm CST).
- After you call customer service, the representative will ask you about your needs. Then speak about your problems or tell them you want to cancel your service. They can offer discounts or affordable plans, but if you’ve already decided to cancel, stick with your decision and ask for steps to cancel the plan you’ve already signed up for.
- After that, they will send you a document via email within 24 hours. But sometimes it may be delayed for a few hours, or many have complained about not receiving it in a week. But hopefully, they will fix these issues very quickly, and you won’t have to wait more than a day. If you still don’t get it in 72 hours, you should call them again and complain about it.
- There are generally two options to sign. You can ask for a hard document, sign it, and send it through the mail, or ask for the DocuSign document to sign electronically. The second one is way easier.
- In the cancellation documents, you’ll get details about the cancellation procedure, your final bill to pay, and Brinks’ 30-days cancellation process.
- You’ll get on-screen instructions there. So follow them and fill up the document.
- Then click on “Review Document.”
- Agree to utilize electronic records and signatures for your cancellation.
- Click on “Continue“
- Complete open forum
- Click on “Sign“
- Click “Adopt and Sign”
- Click “Finish“
- Ensure that you send the document back within a week; otherwise, the link will be expired, and you will have to call customer service again and do the same thing again.
How much does it cost to cancel a Brinks contract?
If you are canceling your Brinks home security account, you need to know some other things. And they are if you have a 3-month or 1-month subscription plan running, you have to pay the full payment before you cancel your existing service.
However, it doesn’t cost any charge when you cancel the existing plan, but you need to make sure that you don’t have any due remaining to the current plan or service.
Once you make the full payment, they will start the cancellation process of your Brinks home security contract immediately, and it will take up to 30 days to be completed.
At the time of cancellation, they will send you a final bill in which you can see all your payments and any further dues if you have.
Lastly, if any other uncollected bills remain, you need to clear them. Otherwise, your account won’t be canceled.
If you decide that you no longer want brinks home security, there are a few things that will happen. First, your alarm system will be deactivated. Second, any existing monitoring will be canceled and 3rd, any outstanding fees will be refunded.
It’s important to note that canceling service with brinks home security does not automatically cancel your contract. You will need to contact Brinks customer service for more information on this.
At the end of the post, the cancellation procedures of the Brinks home security service may not be an easy process. There are some disputes and complaints from customers who tried to cancel it before. Many of them couldn’t cancel the service because of not having proper guidance.
The above article provides all the necessary information with a step-by-step guideline on how to cancel Brinks’s home security account. So, follow them properly, and you’ll be able to get rid of your problems.